Thursday, July 15, 2010

15 july - the wild cold rains of ....Summer!!!

Today has been rough. I mean meteorologically speaking that is. A bit rough emotionally as well, but there is no real story to accompany that, so I just need to build a bridge....
Our Yurt has withstood an onslaught of winds today that made me feel like an adventurer living on the North Pole. Not that it was that cold, just blustery beyond a joke! You wrestled with the doors to get in and out of things and the little clear bit of plastic on top of the tent tried desperately to break free and go for a fly.
We did manage to get a load of laundry washed and dried at Falmouth today, before visiting Pendennis Castle. And inbetween those two events, I was lucky enough to have Cornish Pasty cooking lessons from a guy who has been baking the things for fifty years. For ten quid I got the lesson, and was able to keep what I baked, which fed nearly all of us. So pretty good value I reckon!!
Yesterday Shane took the two little kids to the beach while I stayed back at the Yurt with Lil who was sick again. In the arvo she was feeling well enough for a drive, so we went around the coast, visiting the Minick Theatre and Lands End.
We of course took some snaps there because it is the Western-most point of the UK, and the day prior we visited Lizard the most southerly.
Batt low again, so finish later. Ciao

1 comment:

  1. Falmouth is the port from which Shane's English ancestors set sail for Australia.

    ReplyDelete